The International Association for Time Use Research (IATUR) is pleased to announce the 45th IATUR conference at the Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo, Japan. The main conference takes place from November 28-30, 2023, and will be hosted by the Statistics Bureau of Japan and IATUR.
Registration is now open.
Call for abstracts
Starting April 25, 2023, we will be accepting submissions for presentation (oral or poster). On the call for abstracts page you will find a more detailed explanation.
This year's conference theme is: Sustainable Society and Time Use Research. One of the big challenges for us in the 21st century is to achieve sustainable society. The United Nations set Sustainable Development Goals for 2030, but we have been faced with difficulties to make them progressed even more after the pandemic. In order to achieve it, we need to understand and solve various and composite fields of social issues. Interdisciplinary time use research can contribute to this important object from the perspective of time. IATUR 2023 conference in Tokyo welcomes all presenters and participants who are from various backgrounds and disciplines and share and discuss their research ideas under this theme.
Discount will be granted by IATUR treasurers and needs to be applied for via the IATUR website.
IATUR offers a reduced membership and conference fee for students, people who have retired from employment, and people based in a low income economies. To see the criteria for eligibility for these reductions, select this option in your Profile under the Billing tab. If you meet these criteria, please upload evidence of your eligibility. You will be notified by e-mail if your request for this reduction is approved. This reduction only applies after you receive this confirmation e-mail. Please do not pay for your membership and/or conference fee before you have received this e-mail. We normally take up to 3 working days to process requests. In August, requests may take longer to process.
Call for abstracts
- Call for abstracts open: 25 April 2023
- Early deadline abstract submission: 31 May 2023
- Early notification of abstract acceptance: 15 June 2023
- Extended deadline abstract submission: 31 July 2023
- Last notification of abstract acceptance (extended): 15 August 2023
- Early bird registration open: 31 May 2023
- Early bird registration deadline: 15 September 2023
- Deadline registration for all presenters: 15 September 2023
- Deadline registration for all participants: 15 October 2023
Key conference dates
- Pre-conference workshop 27 November 2023
- Conference 28-30 November 2023
- Welcome reception 28 November 2023
- Gala diner 29 November 2023
- General assembly 30 November 2023
- Cancellation requests received by 30 September 2023 will be refunded in full.
- Cancellation requests received between 1 October 2023 and 30 October 2023 will be refunded after deduction of a 50 Euro administration fee.
- 50% of registration costs will be refunded if cancellation requests are received between 1 November 2023 and 15 November 2023.
- From 16 November 2023, conference registration costs cannot be refunded.
Organizing committee members of 45th conference
- MIZUNOYA Takeshi (Chief of the committee, Hokkai-Gakuen University)
- SHIMADA Yoko (Vice-chief of the committee, Kyoto University)
- FUJIWARA Masago (University of Shimane)
- SHINADA Tomomi (Waseda University)
- HIRAI Taiki (Aichi University)
- AKUTSU Fumika (Statistics Bureau of Japan)
- INAGAKI Yoichi (Statistics Bureau of Japan)
- NAKAGAWA Yukiko (Statistics Bureau of Japan)
- Ignace GLORIEUX (IATUR President, Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
Support member of the committee
- FUJIWARA Mami (Japan Women’s University)
Co-host of the conference
- Statistics Bureau of Japan