The International Association for Time Use Research (IATUR vzw), and the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid are pleased to host the 39th IATUR conference at the Superior Technical School of Industrial Engineers, Madrid, Spain on 19-21 July 2017.
This year’s conference theme is Time use research: past, present and future perspectives.
The conference invites abstracts for papers that deal with any aspect of time use research, though this event particularly welcomes papers related to -but not limited to- the vast array of traditional and new perspectives in topics such as: collection methods, empirical analysis, social policy, well-being, societal trends, analytical perspectives and modelling.
Please submit your abstract online through the IATUR CRM. Abstracts should include:
- Presentation title
- Type of presentation (oral presentation or poster)
- The name of the presenting author
- The name of all other authors
- Abstract (250-350 words maximum)
The deadline for submitting abstracts for guaranteed consideration for oral presentations is 15 April, 2017. All people who submitted their abstracts by this date will receive a notification of acceptance by 30 April 2017. Researchers can continue to submit abstracts for poster presentations until 30 June 2017. Where possible, we will try to include papers in the oral presentation sessions if authors so wish, but we make no guarantee for placement of abstracts submitted later. Deadline for financial support, cancellation refunds, and early, lower-rate registration are final.
Review and Selection
Abstracts will undergo a formal peer-review evaluation by the local scientific committee.
IATUR offers a reduced membership and conference fee for students, people who have retired from full-time employment, and people based in a developing country. To see the criteria for eligibility for these reductions, select this option in your Profile under the Billing tab. If you meet these criteria, please upload evidence of your eligibility. You will be notified by e-mail if your request for this reduction is approved. This reduction only applies after you receive this confirmation e-mail. Please do not pay for your membership and/or conference fee before you have received this e-mail. We normally take up to 3 working days to process requests. In August, requests may take longer to process.
- 15 March 2017 - Start early bird registration
- 15 April 2017 - Deadline abstract submission
- 30 April 2017 - Notification of abstract acceptance
- 20 May 2017 - Deadline early bird registration
- 1 July 2017 - Deadline registration period
- 19-22 July 2017 IATUR conference
- 20 July 2017 – IATUR general assembly
- 20 July 2017 – Conference dinner.
- 22 July 2017 – Post-conference tour
Cancellation and refund policy
- cancellation requests received by 20 May 2017 will be refunded in full
- cancellation requests received between 21 May and 15 June 2017 will be refunded after deduction of a 50 Euro administration fee
- 50% of registration costs will be refunded if cancellation requests are received between 16 June and 30 June 2017
- from 1 July 2017, conference registration costs cannot be refunded
If you need to cancel your registration, please contact both local organizers SIASA email@example.com and the IATUR Tresurers via the IATUR membership and events contact form (http://www.iatur.net/contact)
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Madrid!